Monday, September 3, 2012

Breath Praying through the Journey of Grief #10

One of our authors, Lois Hoogeveen, lost her husband in early March to a battle with cancer, which began just 3 months earlier. Jim and Lois had pastored 5 churches, 2 they planted. At the time they were hit with this disease they were transitioning into specialized transitional ministry for the next season of their full time ministry. They were and are good friends of Ascending Leaders. Through the journey with cancer, Jim and Lois wrote and shared their "breath prayers," each day. "Breath Praying" is something they had first learned seven years ago from the Ascending Leaders Christ Habits book Prayer: Listening to God's Voice.

Since Jim's passing, Lois has been continuing to write excellent reflections on this journey along with breath prayers. She has consented to allow us to share some with you. Lois is also the core author of one of our newest workbooks:  Your Pathways: Strong Connection with God.



Breath Prayer: HOME
Lois Hoogeveen
September 1, 2012

No more pain. No more sorrow. Not for two people I love. Six months ago I was by my husband’s side as God took him to heaven. Today I was by my mother’s side as she left earth and went to her eternal home. Both were Godly spouses and parents. Both suffered greatly during their final days on earth. Both are now free from pain. (Revelation 21:4)  Both were faithful, even to the point of death. Both now have the crown of life. (Revelation2:10) Both knew Whom they believed. (2 Timothy 1:12)

I feel pain. I feel sorrow. I miss two people I love. I know that the day will come when I too will move to my Father’s mansion. But not yet. Until then, I must live with confidence, not in myself, but in the One Who will one day also move me home.

HOME  Do not let our hearts be troubled. In my Father’s house are many rooms. I am going there to prepare a place for you. I will come back and take you to be with me. You know the way. I am the way. John 14:1-5
And now, dear children, continue in him, so that when he appears we may be confident and unashamed before him at his coming. 1 John 2:28

 

No comments:

Post a Comment